Bachelor's Degree in Organisational Communication with Media ManagementEuropean School of Economics
16.000 € - ($ 50.125.313)
- Carrera universitaria
- Madrid (España)
·application form and personal statement · one sealed letter of recommendation · CV in English · official copy of the high school diploma and transcripts · English Profiency: 6.0 IELTS, 85 iBT TOEFL or 213 CBT TOEFL · photocopy of passport / ID document · three passport-sized photographs · non-refundable € 50 application fee
The course aims to provide students with a comprehensive training in the principles of contemporary Organizational communication strategy and its application through various media forms.
Graduates from the BA in Organizational Communication with Media Management possess:
· strong interpersonal communication skills and strong critical-thinking, listening, and problem-solving abilities
· the flexibility and creativity necessary to address the challenges presented by a rapidly changing business environment
· cross-cultural communication skills, capable of managing messages and eliminating communication barriers across cultures
· the capacity to utilise various media technologies in the integration of new communication messages
· a theoretical understanding of media within the production and consumption of messages
· the ability to eliminate communication barriers between organisations and with customers
Why a Bachelor in Organizational Communication with Media Management?
The fast-paced evolution of communication technologies requires a new generation of innovative managers. Organizational Communication graduates may enter a variety of fields, in advertising, public relations, computer-mediated communication, marketing, journalism, among others. Graduates from this unique ESE BA programme are trained in cutting-edge media and communication theory, prepared to enter leadership roles in this dynamic field.
ESE students are not only trained in the theories that underlie international communication activities, but also:
· conduct their studies an international environment with students from around the world
· study two foreign languages
· may study abroad with another ESE centre
· intern with companies around the globe
· receive individual attention due to the competitive 1:4 student-teacher ratio.
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Organisational Communications with Media Management is a three-year, full-time course. All of the ESE undergraduate bachelor degree programmes are taught in English and have a standard 360 UK credit structure (180 ECTS credits). Completion of the bachelor's programme necessitates:
· study of two foreign language
· internship placements & project
· final dissertation
· full-time, compulsory attendance
Year I / Year II
Year one and two provide a critical foundation in communications and media studies. During the first two years students complete 12 core modules, study two languages, and complete two 10-12 week internship placements.
During year three students complete 3 core modules, 4 elective courses, and the final dissertation.
· Fundamentals of Business & Organisation
· Principles of Marketing
· Quantitative Business Methods
· Introduction to Economics
· Mass Communication Theory & Practice
· Sociology of Work & Organisations
· Language 1
· Language 2
· Internship Programme (6-8 weeks)
TOTAL YEAR ONE: 95
· Organisational Communication
· Media Law and Ethics
· Media Management
· Research Methods for Social Sciences
· Basic Marketing Communication
· Cross-Cultural Communication
· Language 1
· Language 2
· Internship Programme (10 -12 weeks)
TOTAL YEAR TWO: 125
Corporate Communication Strategy
New Media Management
Public Relations Theory and Practice
4 Elective courses to be selected from the following
· Advanced English
· International Strategic Management
· Global Challenges and the Media
· International Project Management
· Crisis and Communication
· Major Event Management
· Final Dissertation
TOTAL YEAR THREE: 140
TOTAL CREDITS: 360*
*360 UK credits equivalent to 180 ECTS credits
ESE offers one of the most extensive and competitive internship programmesavailable today. The quality of the placement service is a result of the long established relationships that ESE has fostered with global companies for years. This means that students are given excellent opportunities to enter the job market and gain exposure. The internships are structured, evaluated and recognised as an integral part of the course of study and provide each student the opportunity to spend a period of time in a work environment consistent with the chosen specialisation.
Bachelor students in Organisational Communications with Media Managementwill complete two internship placements during their course of study, not only as a means of gaining valuable work experience before entering the job market, but also offering them an opportunity to explore a specific field of interest and identify their unique skills. Students interested in entering competitive industries will be able to demonstrate quantifiable experience upon graduation.
ESE has a placement department in every centre responsible for maintaining close relationships with both students and companies, in order to offer each student the possibility of entering a company or an area of business which is of true interest.
The completeness of this preparation - a mix of academic excellence,internationality and work experience -allows ESE graduates to kick off their careers without hesitation, often in the same companies that hosted them for their internships.
Entrance into one of the bachelor programmes at ESE requires the submission of the following documents to the Admissions Office at the ESE centre of interest:
Organisational Communication with Media Management 3-year Bachelor's Degree programme admission requirements:
- application form
- official copy of the high school diploma or foreign equivalent certificate
- official copy of the high school transcripts
- 6.0 IELTS, 79 iBT TOEFL or 213 CBT TOEFL* (for non-native English speakers)ers)
- photocopy of passport / ID document
- three passport-sized photographs
- non-refundable € 50 application fee**
- financial statement of the person / institution responsible for the student's tuition fee
* ETS Codes for the European School of Economics (for the Toefl exam) vary by location: ESE London is 5977, ESE New York is 5978, ESE Rome and Madrid is 1610, ESE Milan is 5974 and ESE Florence is 5976.
Candidates who have been studying for at least three years in an English speaking institution are not required to present a language qualification (TOEFL or IELTS).
Students wishing to transfer from other universities must meet the quality standards required for enrolment at the European School of Economics. The a"