Certificate in Desktop Publishing Online CourseCourses For Success
Precio a consultar
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Unit 1: Introduction To Desktop
This unit covers the introduction to desktop publishing. We look We look at the different types of design and the progresses in technology. We look at the type of work that can be done and learn how to make your own designs. We look at how to start putting your new desktop publishing business together.
- The type of work that can be done and how to make your own designs
- What font to use to communicate ideas effectively
- How to get the attention of the reader
- How to write outstanding newsletters
- How to make flyers that work
- Learn about screens and how they work
- The top 10 mistakes that desktop publishers make and how to avoid them
- And much much more
Unit 2: Setting Up Your Home Office
This unit covers setting up your home office. It includes the design of your home office with computers and equipment that you need to run a successful business that will look and feel professional.
- How to finance your equipment
- What insurance you need
- Your OH&S requirements
- Effective time management
- How to set up your accounting
- What type of communications you need
- And most importantly how much to charge
Unit 3: Colour For Design
This unit covers the basic principles of colour management. We look at colour and why it should be a key consideration for design. We look at the two types of colours - subtractive and additive colours. We also look at the colour gamut and the eye gamut - what you see with your eye will be different to what you see on your screen and will be different again to what will be printed.
- How to use colour and why it should be a key consideration for design
- Colour psychology and what different colours mean
- Simultaneous colours
- What colours work together
- How to lead the customers eye to where we want them to read
- The meaning of colours to the age group of your target audience
- What colour management is and what it really means
Unit 4: Desktop Publishing Tutorials
In this disc there are photoshop tutorial lessons for the software program Adobe in Design CS 2. The tutorials provided will demonstrate how to use the software program and perform a variety of tasks from beginner to intermediate level.
If you are using another program don't worry as the principles are still the same.
Unit 5: Photoshop Tutorials
In this unit you will learn the basics of Photoshop so you can adjust, correct and merge images ready for your desktop publishing program
- How to use selection tools
- How to adjust photos
- How to fix up faces, whiten teeth, fix a droopy eye and fix skin blemishes
- How to get the lighting right for the final adjustments to the face
- How to get the magazine look in your photos
- How to edit a photo that you think is a goner
- How to choose the right business structure, sole trader, partnership or company.
Unit 6: How To Promote & Market Your Business
In this unit we cover the principles of marketing, the most common mistakes that people make and how to market your new desktop publishing business. We cover how to get work and build your customer base.
- What it is the customer wants to know about your business
- How to become an expert and measure your marketing
- The principles of marketing
- How to market yourself to the right people
- What the customer wants to know about your business
- How to create a uniqueness and get more business
- The golden rules of advertising
- The most common marketing mistakes
- And much much more!
Included in the course are many useful tools to help get your business started:
- downloadable course manual
- A sample business plan
- A labelled diagram of a suggested home office layout
- Marketing letters