Introduction to CFA Program (Spanish language version)Udemy
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Committing to take the CFA Program exams is a big decision. One of Fitch Learning's instructors will take you through everything you need to know about the Program, and give you expert tips on how to approach Level I.
The CFA charter is an elite designation. It is considered the gold standard within the investment profession, and its typical candidates include fund managers, analysts, investment bankers, portfolio managers and traders. The designation is career-enhancing, well respected, credible, globally recognised and globally relevant. The curriculum is based on the Candidate Body of Knowledge, which is divided into four broad areas:
- Ethics and Professional Standards
- Investment Tools
- Asset Classes
- Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning
The Level I exam is held twice a year, in June and December, at a number of test centres around the globe. At Level I, the exam consists of two 3-hour multiple choice papers, each containing 120 questions, which are both taken on the same day. The exams are administered by CFA Institute, the leading global association of investment professionals, who recommend candidates spend a minimum of 300 hours preparing for each Level.The exam consists of 240 multiple choice questions, which have three possible answers (A, B or C), and stand alone from each other. All questions are equally weighted, and there are no penalties for guessing an answer or getting one wrong.
CFA Institute designs the curriculum books to deliver what it calls the 'Candidate Body of Knowledge' (CBOK). The curriculum at Level I is organised into 18 study sessions, and 67 assigned readings. Each reading has specific learning outcome statements (LOS) assigned to it. When studying, you should keep referring to the LOS in your curriculum books, so that you are confident you're covering everything you need to know.
Typical candidates include fund managers, analysts, investment bankers, portfolio managers and traders.
To take the CFA Level I exam:
1. Enrol as a CFA candidate and register for the exam using the CFA Institute website. The earlier you register for an exam, the cheaper the exam fee will be. The enrolment fee is typically $400, and the exam fee around $700.
2. Receive the CFA Institute Level I curriculum books, the key study text for the Level I exam, and are included in your exam fee.
3. Go through the curriculum books, and be sure to enrol for the Fitch Learning Complete CFA Level I course on Udemy.com.
4. Take the exam in either June or December.
5. Pass your exam!
6. Tell your friends about how great the Fitch Learning Level I course was, and get in touch with us about Level II!
Working with nine of the top ten investment banks and nine of the top ten fund managers (ranked by assets under management), Fitch Learning is a global financial services training company with training centres in London, Singapore, New York and Dubai. We pride ourselves on innovation, our enthusiasm for teaching and our commitment to our candidates.
Having operated for 12 years as 7city Learning, in January 2013 we became part of the Fitch Group.