Learning Disability WorkshopAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - ($ 33.452.218)
- Cambridge (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Skills and Training
Our practical workshops are designed to help you enhance your knowledge and skills in supporting, recognising and responding to people with a range of complex or borderline learning disabilities including communication difficulties. The workshops will adopt a scenario approach to accommodate the context of care.
From the workshops you will gain a range of communication principles which can be applied to a range of health and social care settings. The workshops will also aim to generate discussion and thoughts around further exploration around meeting the needs of people with learning disabilities.
In the workshop you will cover a number of topics including:
- Defining Learning Disability, causes and prevalence
- Health needs associated with LD: identifying and common medical and mental health issues and also lifestyle issues e.g. GORD, Dysphagia, Obesity, exercise.
- What barriers are there to LD seeking and receiving healthcare?
- Diagnostic Overshadowing
- Health education and promoting better health- annual health checks
- Easy read information
- Health Access Cards/passports
- Recognising and supporting people who present with a borderline learning Disability
- Communication difficulties - the use and development of alternative forms of communication
- An understanding of body language and communication
- The barriers to effective communication
- Alternative methods of communication