A Level BiologyHome Study Zone
£ 295 - ($ 1.069.880)
- A Level
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
This course covers the full AQA A Level Biology specification meaning you will not require any further study resources.Subject Content
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
- Paper 1 will cover content from topics 1-4
- Paper 2 will cover content from topics 5-8
- Paper 3 will cover content from topics 1-8
Practical assessments have been divided into those that can be assessed in written exams and those that can only be directly assessed whilst students are carrying out experiments.
A-level grades will be based only on marks from written exams.
A separate endorsement of practical skills will be taken alongside the A-level. This will be assessed by teachers and will be based on direct observation of students’ competency in a range of skills that are not assessable in written exams.
N.B. The practical skills are separate to the overall A’ Level grade. So, if students do not gain the practical endorsement, they can still receive the A’ Level qualification at the end of the two years.
However, a number of Universities have already stated: if a student is going on to do a Science based degree, they would expect students to have a pass in the practical endorsement. You should check with the relevant University what their exact requirements are.