Linux Network and System AdministrationCity University London
En Islington (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
What will I learn?
- Installing a Linux distribution: criteria for choosing a distribution, disk partitioning, BIOS settings, authentication settings, and Installation of packages (applications).
- Overview of the Unix file system; bash shell; console commands; directory structure and important configuration files.
- The boot up sequence of Linux, how to manage services and servers.
- Device issues: how to setup external hard drives and identify newly connected devices.
- Basics of system administration: 'root' privileges; user accounts and management; backup and restore; overview of storage media and performance issues, automating tasks.
- System Security issues: ownerships and permissions for files, directories, users, groups, processes.
- PERL scripting language and writing useful administrative scripts; data structures, control loops, handling files, regular expressions.
- InterProcess Communication: Pipes, UNIX sockets; TCP/IP protocols suite; fundamentals of Internet architecture, Server/Client models.
- Configuring Linux: for networking in Local Area Networking and Wide Area Networking using TCP/IP, DNS configuration, routing table and tools to get statistics for your network.
- Network Security Issues: The embedded security of Linux systems and how to configure it according to our needs, firewalls, IPtables commands.
- Setting up the Apache web server with php and MySQL, enabling the userdir module and your site. Introduction to Mail servers, FTP servers, SSH server and Webadmin for remote system configuration.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Safely install any Linux distribution.
- Feel comfortable using Console commands to administer your server.
- Know how to locate important files in a Unix environment.
- Apply system security and configure it to your needs.
- Configure the Network and install important network services (servers).
- Apply Network Security and configure firewalls
- Read/Write administrative scripts using the PERL language.
- Have a better understanding of the Internet Architecture.
Teaching and Assessment
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.