Nutrition and Lifestyle Level 2CareerVision Training
£ 270 - ($ 1.050.226)
- Campus online
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - Level 2 Certificate of Achievement by NCFE
- Course Code: UFHL09
The objectives of the course are to explain how an understanding of the following topics can contribute to healthy and environmentally friendly lifestyle choices:
- Nutrition and diet
- Food purchasing and preparation
- Exercise and health
- Lifestyle choices
- Healthy environments
The course is divided up into five study units:
Unit 1 Food Nutrition and Diet
- Introduction to nutrition
- Dietary allowances, goals and guidelines
- Food labelling
- Healthy eating
- A balanced diet
- Dietary needs of different groups
- Energy Needs
Unit 2 Purchasing, Storing and Cooking Food for Health
- Purchasing food
- Factors that affect food choice
- Consumer issues
- Storing food
- Preparing food
- Cooking food
- Changes that take place during cooking
- Cooking food safely
- Avoiding food wastage
Unit 3 Exercise and Health
- Physical fitness
- The benefits of keeping physically active
- Starting a programme of physical activity
- Avoiding injury
- Children and exercise
- Older people and exercise
- Managing weight by exercise
Unit 4 Health and Lifestyle Choices
- Stress and anxiety
- Mental health
- Personal hygiene
- Medical examinations
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE plus a UK Distance Learning and Publishing Diploma.
Our course has been accredited under our NCFE IIQ Licence and the course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 2 (using Ofqual's Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
NCFE is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators ('regulators') for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
This course has been developed by UK Distance Learning and Publishing which has been accredited with NCFE's Investing in Quality (IIQ) Licence, which is designed to give formal recognition to an organisation's bespoke courses that fall outside the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor .
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have, In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.