Global Design Junior ENG
En Barcelona (España)
Now that the official year has ended, the nerves brought on by exams and the last-minute handing in of papers, the personal drive to get good grades and the uncertainty of what to study next year have all been left behind. Summer is here and although some people will take private classes, consolidate their knowledge or go on holiday, we propose that you take a two-week break and join the Global Design Junior Summer Course. The program helps you to discover the different areas of design: product, interior and graphic design. It offers an opportunity to explore the creative processes linked to these disciplines so to discover the potential within and activate your radar in the world of creation. This course is in keeping with IED Barcelona’s multicultural approach, where the aim is to seek knowledge and pursue ideas beyond each specific area.
¿Qué objetivos tiene esta formación?: The course is intended to boost motivation, confidence and self-knowledge, so that the students incorporate their experiences into their own academic path and personal life and gain a better understanding of how designers in different areas think and work. The syllabus has been conceived to create a space where students can establish bonds and share their own distinctive features. Technical knowledge and tools are provided so that the students can develop their own individual ideas and know how to express them. The design process is laid out so that they can understand how important observation, investigation, concept association, logic and communication are to each discipline.
¿Esta formación es para mí?: Young students between 15 and 17 years’ old who are considering how to further their academic education and have an interest in the different design disciplines. It is aimed towards young people who are not developing their creative or artistic potential and wish to explore their skills. Also for students who need to find themselves and learn how to get organised and enjoy learning.
Instalaciones y fechas
- Diseño de Moda
- Industria de la moda
- Fashion Textile
- The world of desing
- Important to keep an open mind in order
- Creates new
- The main topic
- Seeing, looking, becoming involved, imagining and showing. In the world of design, it is important to keep an open mind in order to absorb all the stimuli provided by one's environment. Observing and becoming involved creates new scenarios in which a designer can offer new ideas.
- Photography exercise
Mental maps and other frameworks for display
- The main topic, branches, words, images, colour, style, material, role and analogies. Six questions for analysing an idea, analysing using pairs of words and other diagrammatic methods.
- Storyboard exercise.
Volume, interior space, visual resources and accessories
- Volumetric conceptualisation, feeling and recognising spaces in order to redesign them, communicating using graphical resources and designing accessories by decontextualising them from their normal scope of action.
- Volume exercise.
- How can we gain credibility and confidence in our drawings? Observation and credibility, practical advice, representation systems, ability to synthesise... Freehand drawing is the most practical tool for a designer (a thinker). It is not a question of being a virtuoso at drawing but of simply having the intention to communicate and be able to think and put down the ideas. With the advice offered, the students will draw with more confidence and increase the quality of their drawings exponentially.
- Drawing exercise.
A series of exercises will be used to help create a relaxed atmosphere in the classroom so that the students can deal with all the exercises related to the design process and be helped to understand how to focus on and channel their abilities.
Confidence, concentration, communicate-transmit-express, the need to take risks, thoughtfulness, self-criticism, attitude and passion. Through a series of group exercises an atmosphere is created that promotes self-confidence. With this attitude, the students are able to offer new ideas that may be useful for developing their passion for any of the design disciplines.
Influence of sensory stimuli
The labyrinth of the senses. Sensitivity and the emotions are an indispensable factor that designers must incorporate into their products. Knowing how to use and channel emotions can help both at the different stages of a designer's work and in real life.
Techniques and strategies for developing creativity. In the current context of rapid change, there is a growing need for people with the attitudes, skills and tools that can promote and increase their organisational abilities and creativity.
Global Design Junior ENG